Servin Up Some

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Tool #11 - Self Assessing and Reflecting

I really enjoy using Blogger a lot. I plan on using it quite often to ask open-ended questions for students to reply to in multiple subject areas. Students will be able to reply anonymously, which will lead to further discussion. One question might be to talk about his/her biggest concern going into fifth grade. Google Apps will also be used frequently for similar reasons, but student names will be used.

To make changes to my classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner, I plan on having students consistently go to stations to work on projects and to collaborate with others online.

My biggest surprise was the clarity I got out of this regarding the ability to use stations to foster 21st Century learning. I believe this will be the first step toward Transformative teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment