Servin Up Some

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thing 7 - Google Tools

I am creating a google doc to experience using it! I downloaded pictures from my computer into Picasa. I also created an igoogle homepage and added the moon phases, to do list, places to see before die, and maps and other things. I think that students might be able to do some of this for learning and creating documents. I don't see a lot of practical use for students in elementary for this "thing." Google earth could be interesting as a filler activity as students try to find their residence or other points of interest. This could lead to a short writing on their experience using one of these google tools.

2 comments:

  1. The sun rises and sets on my Google Homepage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used Google Earth with my PGP kids one year (I wanted to learn it myself and that was a good excuse). They adored it. We learned directions - east / west/ north / south. They also did a report on a place they wanted to visit and then explored it on Google Earth. They loved finding their house - good way to learn their address (which some of them didn't know)

    ReplyDelete