Servin Up Some

Friday, July 1, 2011

Tool #5: Producing with Web 2.0 Tools

Web 2.0 Tools are valuable assets that could be incorporated by any teacher in any classroom for any content area. Some are easier to learn than others and some projects can be started immediately while others require registration and/or downloading. Most of the provided tools (Go Animate, Make Beliefs Comix, Glogster, Xtranormal, Prezi)require creative thinking and writing. The writing process should be incorporated in all classes during the school year.

I've formerly created items in many of the listed tools so I chose Stupeflix and Prezi. Stupeflix doesn't have much value in the classroom unless you pay for the upgraded version. The free version only shows one minute of video, which isn't much time for a thorough presentation. Given more time, the designer and presenter of the video could develop a speech to go with the montage.

Prezi allows for text to accompany images or video. This has a little more to offer the user and is easy to learn and use.

Check out my Stupeflix and Prezi and tell me what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I love these! This is the first time I've seen Stupeflix and Prezi in action - I am tres, tres impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Prezi is so cute! I hadn't thought of using it for storytelling - very inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I look forward to seeing others' creativity using these and more web tools in action.

    ReplyDelete