Servin Up Some

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tool #8: Taking a Look at the Tools

As of right now, I know that I'll have iPod Touches and iPads in my co-teach classroom. I hope the students eventually also get to use 2120 netbooks. I'm very interested in adding to the collaborative piece that is available through such tools as Blogger and Edmodo, and being able to vodcast through the netbook will do this. It will be even more enhanced due to the webcam feature.

Beyond what I mentioned above, proper and efficient management of the devices is imperative. I plan on using them in Centers as much as possible. One example is to add some math apps to the iPod Touch and letting students who finish early use the iPod Touch to play Mathletics, Basic Math, Math Quizzer and other math games. Students can compete against each other for high scores. Another app is Voice memo. This could be used for collaborative story building during L/A. Get a pupil to record the first line of a story, pass it to the next pupil to listen to and add to, continue with each pupil adding a part until the story is complete.

To monitor appropriate use of the devices will require careful preparation and presentation of guidelines by the adult in charge. Acceptance by all students, through the Technology agreement, is mandatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment