Servin Up Some

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Thing #8 - Screencast

Screencasting is a method used to capture what a user is doing on his or her computer screen. This capture can then be shared via a multitude of resources, including embedding in a blog or for sharing by email. This a more efficient alternative to typing instructions and capturing images through print screens. As an Activtrainer, I can see value using this to share tips, tricks, and maintenance items involving Activsoftware and hardware. The uses for this are endless when working with students. Curriculum can be enhanced by placing a screencast on a wiki or website for students who may have missed a lesson or need a refresher.

I have tried screen-o-matic, Jing, Go View, and Free Screen Cast, and found Screen-o-matic and Jing to be very user friendly. I was unable to upload any of the videos I created. I tried converting from .flv to .avi and to .mov (one of these sites already recorded in .mov format), but none would load to this blog, which is quite frustrating. I waited more than an hour, on my laptop and desktop, but it wouldn't load. Once I get some tech support, I will retry. Anybody else have similar issues?

No comments:

Post a Comment