Servin Up Some

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing 17 - Rollyo

So, I was able to create my own search engine by providing Rollyo with the sources of information I wanted them to find and left the rest to them. I see how it will save time weeding through a bunch of trash on regular search results. I also like it because it lets you search through a particular community of websites that you may frequent. It seems like a cool new way to search online.

The setup was easy. I was able to enter urls that I visit frequently. I then categorized my sites, submitted the information, and Rollyo took care of the rest. I'm going to visit this site quite a bit more and try to learn more of the finer points - my interest is piqued. I read that Google has also now developed a customizable search engine - Google Custom Search Engine (Google CSE). I gonna check it out to see what it has to offer.

http://rollyo.com/search.html?q=blog&sid=560478

1 comment:

  1. I never quite figured this one out. I found it easier to use Delicious with tags.

    ReplyDelete