Servin Up Some

Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing 23 - It's a Wrap

I found a number of the things to be informative, interesting, and enlightening. I'm a creature of habit and embedded myself in a few different sites to visit on a regular basis. Rarely did I endeavor to set up or visit social networking sites until I was required to set up a Facebook account. Even now, I rarely go there and if I do, it's just to see what other people have posted. I guess I'm a fairly private person when it comes to advertising my goings-on online.

My favorite discoveries were:
1. Online productivity tools - having these apps available for free is wonderful. I can see these wiping out Microsoft's Suite, which is way overpriced.
2. Web 2.0 Awards - This took me out of my "Internet Box" and to some very cool sites that I have bookmarked and will make good use of.
3. Photostory 3 - the concept is great. Will the finished product ever download to a blog? We'll see.

I love learning and Library2Play has taught me some new things that I value. My list of resources has grown thanks to this professional development.

I've racked my brain for ways this program could be improved. All the hyperlinks worked. The write-ups for each thing was an easy read. Plenty of good examples and tutorials. The things themselves are very useful to people in most occupations. Directions/activities for each thing were clearly understood.

Library2Play is an educational experience than everyone can benefit from doing.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I understand all the PS3 issues you had, but hopefully you found the problem. wmv is the format that will load...you will see examples in almost every blog! Am glad you are going to give it another try.
    Very glad you feel your toolbox is fuller because of this visit to the playground!
    Congratulations on your successful summer adventure

    ReplyDelete