Servin Up Some

Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing 11 - My Library Thing

LibraryThing lets you have your own personal online library. It's a nice site for helping you create a library out of your own personal book collection. The site can also recommend books you might like (or not like), connect you with users that have similar reading interests and give you book ratings. I created a widget that shows some of the books I've catalogued. I placed it on the right side of my blog page. It's a dynamic page, so you'll see different books listed each time you return to or refresh the page.

I looked at some of the social groups on the site but I don't have an interest in frequenting this area. I can see its value for people, particularly librarians, to get recommendations from others about books to purchase or not for their libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment