Servin Up Some

Friday, July 3, 2009

Thing 12 - Creating Community

I don't know if I'll ever be overly involved with blogging. At this time, I only go to one on a frequent basis. I think this partly has to do with time constraints. I'm open for ideas about any blogs that are interesting to you. Particularly if they're Houston-based.

The above query was a taste of what I read about on "10 Techniques to Get More Comments on Your Blog" having to do with "Leave open-ended comments." I found the sections about being humble and gracious, and "rewarding" comments to be useful tips. I've seen this done on the blog that I read and can see how it leads to encouraging more friendly blogging. After seeing all the junk that people throw around on the Internet, it's nice to know that there are still a lot of "friendly fire" to be had.

"Information Wants to be Free" was a reinforcing article for me. The idea of sharing ideas with others and you will be rewarded ten-fold is a great philosophy. I enjoy sharing ideas, websites, information, etc. with whoever might benefit from them. The saying, "It takes a village to raise a child" is true and is even truer in the education community. So to work collaboratively is very important for the success of the students and the school. I'm glad to see Farkas' comments on these lines so that others might be enlightened by this thought if they are not already.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will find as a result of this PD that edu-blogging is how you find out about the new things going on in schools these days. It's the journal reading we have all been doing all these years to keep up!

    you will see lots of examples of good blog as you read thru the other Players' thoughts.

    One of the best places to find Houston-based blogs is to look at the list in the Houston Chronicle...I assume there you are not talking educational topics, but more hometown info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your input. I forgot about, but have now added, the Houston Chronicle to my Google Reader.

    ReplyDelete