Servin Up Some

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thing 14 - Technorati and Tagging

Technorati, technorahtee, techno-rat, tecccch...I don't care for it. Not all blog search engines or portals are alike. Technorati is too random and busy for my liking. However, this posting's intent is not aimed at dissing sites, but rather about expressing my findings about the values of tagging. After months of intensive research (perhaps, minutes), I can list what I believe are a few reasons tagging is beneficial to the Internet world.

With the use of tags:

1. Students can be more accurately directed to relevant content. No need to waste time with random searches.

2. It's easier to find previously viewed desired information

3. Online clutter, such as ads, graphics, hyperlinks, are practically nonexistent so that more relevant information is presented.

No comments:

Post a Comment